Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

   Spring break has finally arrived!  I have been counting down for this for so long and knowing I get to sleep in tomorrow is super exciting.  However, the start to my Spring break hasn't been all that perfect.  I have had a cold for the past couple of weeks and this weekend a lot of my family got the stomach bug which didn't make for the best Easter holiday.  We did have a wonderful church service this morning though with a beautiful orchestra. I always enjoy seeing our church packed and everyone singing together in a joyous spirit.
   My plans for Spring break are to relax, spend time with my amazing boyfriend, catch up on some reading and possibly get ahead on some school work.  School is really the last thing I want to think about during the break but I know that if I do get some work done then it will make going back to work much easier.
   I haven't had time to post in a while but a lot has been happening at school and in my life.  My students were pretty crazy the last couple of weeks before Spring break.  We finished reading Where the Red Fern Grows and started the ancient America's unit in social studies. So far my students are enjoying learning about America and I know they will become even more interested when we start the middle ages soon. I'm not sure where I will go with language arts after the break.  The fourth quarter is all about poetry and reviewing for the EOG.  I think I will do one more novel and then go into a poetry unit.  I really want to spend time planning out poetry well so that my students see it as fun and not something that is hard to understand or extremely boring.  
    Cheerleading tryout season is also in progress.  I had a parent meeting last week to explain the tryout process.  I'm still having parent emails or calls almost everyday with some kind of question pertaining to cheerleading. I'm looking forward to tryouts themselves but I am not looking forward to having to cut so many girls.  I do not like to be a heart breaker.
   As for my personal life, I'm now dating a wonderful guy, Buddy.  It is amazing to me how just when I think being with him can't get any better, it does.  He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he listens to me after a long day at work, he is a gentleman, he is a strong Christian and he is all I could have ever wanted & more.  I have a lot to be thankful for this Easter.

God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar-iframe { visibility:hidden; height:0px; display:none; }