Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Currently....


It is now the month of love and also time for another currently from Farley.  

I am listening to Ben Rector who is one of my favorite artists right now.  One of my favorite songs by him is "The Beat."

I am loving that both groups of my students have finished their literature circle novels.  I read "Because of Winn Dixie" with my standard group and "Stepping on the Cracks" with my advanced group.  This was the first time we completed a full novel in literature circles so it is a great feeling seeing them read all the way to the end.

Now I have to think about what novel to start next.  "Where the Red Fern" grows is a possibility, as is "On my Honor."  I'd love to hear what novel studies others have enjoyed reading with their sixth graders.

I'm really ready for this cold weather to go away.  We haven't had a very harsh Winter but I still am ready for the days of short sleeves and capris. The worst weather we had so far was on one of our teacher workdays which is really sad because I needed that day!  Our next teacher workday isn't till the end of this month and it will be filled with meetings.

My current pet peeve at school is students not turning in homework.  I rarely give homework that I don't give time in class to finish.  It amazes me that students STILL don't have it done.  I am going to have to come up with some sort of system for students who continue not to turn it in on time.  I had been doing silent/working lunch but that doesn't seem to phase them.

While is it the month of love, I thought I would also list 5 more things I am loving.
1)  Being single.  In the past I kept thinking that I had to have someone in order to be happy. Right now I am so content with myself that it is nice not having someone.
2)  Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn.  Yes, I LOVE it.  It is by Popcorn Indiana and it tastes wonderful.  I highly recommend it.
3) That I got my passport this week!  I will be going on a mission trip to Belize this Summer and I absolutely can't wait.
4) Teacher friends.  I am so thankful for all my teacher friends.  I have so many at work and some that I still stay in touch with from college. Love you girls!
5) Youversion.  Youversion is an awesome app on my iPhone I use that has daily bible reading plans.  It even gives me reminders to read it everyday.



7 comments:

  1. Jamie,
    I just found your blog, through Farley's. I am so proud of your number one "loving"! I was single until I was 33, and thought I'd never find the guy, but God is so good, and He always knows the plan!

    By the way, you have to try this - super easy, super delicious...one bag microwave popcorn, any salted flavor, but not "movie style butter", crushed peppermint candy, melted white or milk chocolate. Pop the corn, lie on waxed paper, drizzle with chocolate, sprinkle with peppermint. Divine!!!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that sounds delicious. I will certainly be trying that!

      Delete
  2. I'm here via Farley's linky. I need another teacher workday in the worst way, too! Also, I love to see you say you're single and happy about it - I am, too, and people tend to not "get" that :)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to see I'm not the only one. Sometimes I look around and see other people my age with families and get discouraged, but I'm so happy with my job at this point it really doesn't matter.

      Delete
  3. I need a teacher work day too! Unfortunately our teacher workdays are almost all meetings and trainings :(

    We read Where The Red Fern Grows when I was in 6th grade - loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the book I am going to pick. I just downloaded lesson plans for it thanks to the Teachers Pay Teachers sale going on today. Thanks for following my blog!

      Jamie

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the February Currently and I am your newest follower!
    I LOVED reading Where the Red Fern Grows when I was a kid! Go with that one.
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete

#navbar-iframe { visibility:hidden; height:0px; display:none; }